Monday, June 14, 2010

Smooth Sailing



Beautiful this morning. I’m not sure what time the boat stopped rocking last night, but we can hardly feel the it moving this morning. Aunt Colene and I have been up since 4:30 this morning, watching the sunrise and the sea. Now David, before you go hyperventilating, realize that this is only 6:30 Mountain Time. We’ve seen whales from a distance this morning, spouting, slapping their tails.
Aunt Colene and I are feeling much better and ready for our afternoon adventure. We’ll dock in Juneau at 12:00 and then soon after we’re off to see “The Best of Juneau”. First a whale watching tour, then a salmon bake and ending with the Mendenhall glacier. I think I told you that yesterday, but in case I didn’t, now you know our plan! The ship will sail about 10:00pm and head up to Skagway. Tomorrow morning I’m doing the zipline while Roxie and Aunt Colene explore the town and then we’ll meet back up about noon to do “The Best of Skagway”. We’ll take the White Pass Train Ride to Fraser, British Columbia, then take a bus down the Klondike Highway Drive, to Liarsville Camp for supper, ending at the Red Onion Saloon where “Madams fill our glasses with Alaskan Amber beer, wine or root beer and throw a private party in the prestigious upstairs brothel.” Wish you were here !
Please post some comments—we’d like to know you’re doing okay, too!

7 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are having fun, keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're doing fine! Today is my Friday finally! It's been a long 10 days of work! Now 2 days of cleaning/packing/reading/sewing/crocheting and we're off too Illinois! I'm really ready for a break! So, yeah, we're doing great, but I bet you already knew that! Peace out from Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi; You all will expert sailers soon.
    We are doing great here, had the fish fry last night, had about 65. Have lots of fun love, bob & roleta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous that you get to do a zipline! I hope I get to do one when I go to camp! I hpe that you have a great time while you're there! Have an awesome time on the zipline!
    Love Ya!

    P.S. Aunt Tara, "Peace Out" is MY thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch--Becca! ;)(Supposed to be a winking smile!)--(doesn't really look that way!)


    Mom--the crazy lady who's Still at the inn--the one that could only drink water from glass bottles--she just moved into her third room tonight--with sheets that had to be moved from her old room after freshly washing them with her "approved" detergent and remaking her bed in the room she's been in for the last 5 nights( we change sheets every 4th nt and had the day before!)-- she handed me a G.C. for an hour's massage this evening! So worth putting on my happy face! You know, the one I put on often while thinking about how annoying people can be! Thank goodness that the people that know me realize what an actual happy face looks like!

    How was your night?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara, can you work that massage into your busy schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry. I really like Peace Out. Didn't mean to seem so rude. :-(

    ReplyDelete