Thursday, June 10, 2010

Time to go

Well, it's time to actually get packed. I haven't talked to them today, but I'm assuming the Aunt Colene and Roxie are packed and ready to go, spending this evening in OKC with family. They'll fly into Denver tomorrow and Joe and Dar will pick them up at the airport. About the time they are getting to Denver, David and I will hopefully be leaving Yuma headed that way. We have to stop by a jeep parts place to exchange a spring.. Seems David is rather picky about wanting two front and two rear springs instead of three front and one rear... After that exchange (and hopefully not too much more shopping) we'll head to Joe and Darlene's for supper. They just got in from a longish trip this afternoon, but are insisting on taking care of The Three Young Chicks.

This young chick is feeling her age tonight. I had a "backyard camp-out" with my older Girl Scouts last night. Lots of wind that kept the tent flapping and me awake for most of the night. Just falling asleep then the birds started singing. Then an important Head Start meeting tonight. Now I'm back home and ready to pack for real. I've got lots of things thrown in the general vicinity of my suitcase. Time to get serious and see what is really going to fit. Tomorrow the adventure actually begins. Well, maybe you think it won't begin until we're on the ship on Saturday, but if you think that, you don't know what an adventure it is to be with Joe and Darlene!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time! I'll call you when I think you're on the road! Love, Tara

    ReplyDelete